This study sheet will help you to write a rough draft of the writing assignment that you will revise later on. Answer the following questions as you work through your study to build a strong and successful essay.
For this assignment, you will be writing an argument. Choose a side and argue: In writing from Grendel’s perspective, Gardner is trying to make us sympathize with Grendel, or Gardner is trying to make Grendel seem more monstrous. Based on your opinion on this subject, you will write a five-paragraph argument that makes a claim and a counterclaim and supports your argument with solid evidence from Grendel.
Write a short answer to each question.
1. Take a moment to consider your opinion about Gardner’s decision to write his novel from Grendel’s perspective. Do you think this perspective makes Grendel seem more sympathetic or more monstrous?
2. Based on your response to question 1, develop the central claim for your argument.
3. What evidence from the reading will you provide to support your claim? Make a list of dialogue, language, and scenes from the text and briefly describe how each example supports your claim.
4. Copy the evidence you listed in question 3 and paste it here. Next to each piece of evidence, briefly write down how it relates to your claim.
5. Choose which pieces of evidence you will use in your essay to support your claim.
6. What central counterclaim will you address in your essay?
7. What rebuttal will you provide to that counterclaim?
8. What evidence will you use from Grendel to support your rebuttal?
9. How will you integrate logos, ethos, and pathos into your argument?
10. How will you hook your audience at the start of your introduction paragraph?
11. Write the introduction of your argument. Be sure to open with a hook, state your claim and touch on your counterclaim, and prepare your reader for how you will make your case.
12. Write your three body paragraphs. Organize each paragraph around two or three pieces of evidence from the reading that support your central claim. Each body paragraph should deal with a specific aspect of Grendel’s nature or a particularly relevant section of the novel. It should also address the central counterclaim in some way.
13. Write your conclusion. Remember to remind your audience of your claim, address the counterclaim, and create a sense of closure.
14. Now that you’ve written all your paragraphs, put them together here, adding transitions between paragraphs to show the connection between your reasons.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.