DUE IN 1 hr and 30 mins DUE AT 7:20P.M EST (TODAY).. WILL ATTACH QUESTIONS QUESTIONS. THIS IS A TIMED TEST.
ARTICLE (Is aspirin associated with diabetic retinopathy? The Singapore Epidemiology of Eye Disease (SEED) study)
PROFESSOR SAID CAN USE GUIDE IN EPIDEMIOLOGY IN PUBLIC HEALTH BY ANN ASCHENGRAU 3RD EDITION CH 14
Study Guide for the Article Critique
· Before opening the critique questions
· As indicated by your teacher, use the guidelines in Chapter 14 of the text as well as information that has been discussed throughout the course to analyze the article.
· The checklist on pg. 365 of the text may help guide you for the critique.
o Exhibit 14-1 Outline for Critiquing Epidemiologic Studies
· Once you have read the article and are able to articulate answers in your mind for the questions provided on pg. 365 then you may open up
· You will randomly receive 15 questions about the article to answer. These are short-answered questions and are presented in a “test” format.
o Please make sure your responses meet academic writing standards.
o Responses do not need citations or references
o Each question is worth 5 points
o Partial credit is possible
· You are being given 2 hours to complete the questions and submit them to Blackboard. Please note that once you have opened the critique, the 2-hour time window starts and does not stop. Please be mindful of this and ensure that you are prepared and have time available to complete the critique before opening it.
· Questions that are answered after the 2-hour time window will not be graded.
· It is a relatively short research article to read so please do not feel overwhelmed
Questions may include the following:
· Ethical concerns
· Effect modifiers
· Strength of association
· Information bias
· Inclusion criteria
· Exclusion criteria
· Data collection methods
· Statistical test used
· Selection bias
· Statistical significance
· Future implications
· Social change implications
· Research question being asked
· Outcome of interest
· Study limitations
· Study designs
· Representation of the population
Tips for Success:
· It is important to note that research articles are comprised of the following sections:
o Materials and Methods
· Typically, each section you are able to find particular information pertaining to the research question, study design, population, etc.:
§ Here you would find a short summary of the entire paper. It should include goals and objectives, results, and conclusions. This is usually the last part of the paper to be written.
§ It provides background on the topic, review of the literature, focus and purpose of the paper, overview of what is contained in the paper, outcome of interest, and the research question being asked.
§ This section describes what the researcher did and how the researcher did it. Within the methods you will be able to determine the population, where they gathered the participants of the study, data collection methods: interview, questionnaire, focus group, etc., statistical tests used, and study design used.
§ In this section you may also be able to gauge selection bias, information bias, inclusion/exclusion criteria, ethical concerns, and the effect modifier.
§ This section simply provides the results from the statistical analysis (not an interpretation of the results). This may be displayed through graphs or tables. It will indicate whether the results are considered statistically significant or not.
§ The discussion goes over what the results mean and why the results may have ended up as they have. The researcher is able to discuss take home messages, interesting observations, future implications, social change implications, what worked, and what did not work.
In this portion, the reader may be able to gauge bias or ethical concerns that the researcher may have noted
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.