1. Generally speaking, the null hypothesis is set up for the purpose of either accepting (failing to reject) it or rejecting it. (True or False?)
2. If the null hypothesis states that there is no difference between the mean income of males and the mean income of females, and the alternate hypothesis states that there is a difference in the mean income of males and females, then the test is one-tailed. (True or False?)
3. To set up a “decision rule,” the test distribution is divided into two regions – a region of “acceptance” for the null hypothesis and a region of “rejection” for the null hypothesis. (True or False?)
4. What is the “level of significance?” a. Probability of a Type II error b. Probability of a Type I error c. z-value of 1.96 d. Beta error e. None of these
5. The Student t-distribution has a greater spread than the z-distribution. As a result, a critical values of t for a given level of significance are smaller in magnitude than the corresponding z critical values. (True or False?)
6. Suppose a t- test is being applied to find out if the population monthly expenditure mean is less than $212. The level of significance selected is 1% and 26 accounts are sampled. What is the critical value? a. 2.580 b. -2.485 c. -1.960 d. -2.787 e. None of these
•7. The MacBurger restaurant chain claims that the waiting time of customers for service is normally distributed, with a mean of 3 minutes and a standard deviation of 1 minute. The quality-assurance department found in a sample of 50 customers at the Warren Road MacBurger that the mean waiting time was 2.75 minutes. At the 0.05 significance level, can we conclude that the mean waiting time at the Warren Road MacBurger is less than 3 minutes? (Show all steps in the hypothesis testing process if you wish to obtain full credit.)
•8. The National Safety Council reported that 52 percent of American turnpike drivers are men. A sample of 300 cars traveling southbound on the New Jersey Turnpike yesterday revealed that 170 were driven by men. At the 0.01 significance level, can we conclude that a larger proportion of men were driving on the New Jersey Turnpike that the national statistics indicate? (Show all steps in the hypothesis testing process if you wish to obtain full credit.)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.