University of Phoenix Material
Practice Set 5
1. This distribution hasonlyoneparameter.Thecurveisskewedtotherightforsmalldfand
2. Find the value of x2 for 12 degrees of freedom and an area of .025 in the right tail of the chi-
square distribution curve. What is the value of chi-square? Round to three decimal places
3. Determine the value of x2 for 14 degrees of freedom and an area of .10 in the left tail of the
chi-square distribution curve. What is the value of chi-square? Round to three decimal places
4. Determine the value of x2 for 23 degrees of freedom and an area of .990 in the left tail of the
chi-square distribution curve. What is the value of chi-square? Round to three decimal places.
5. Α ____________ compares the observed frequencies from a multinomial experiment with
expected frequencies derived from a certain pattern or theoretical distribution. The test
evaluates how well the observed frequencies fit the expected frequencies.
A. Goodness-of-fit test
B. Chi-square test
C. Linear regression
6. The __________ are the frequencies obtained from the performance of a
multinomial experiment. The expected frequencies are the frequencies that we expect to obtain
if the null hypothesis is true.
A. Observed frequencies
B. Expected frequencies
C. Fluctuating frequencies
7. The expected frequency of a category is given by Ε = np where n is the sample size and p is the
probability that an element belongs to that category if the null hypothesis is true. The
________ for a goodness–of–fit test are k – 1, where k denotes the number of possible
outcomes (or categories) for the experiment.
A. Number of observations
B. Degrees of freedom
C. Total population
8. Thismodelincludesonlytwovariables,oneindependentandonedependent,iscalleda _____1______. The___2____istheonebeingexplained,andthe ___3___is theoneusedtoexplainthevariationinthedependentvariable. Select the correct letter that would make the sentence true.
1. Select a letter from the list to make this statement true.
2. Select a letter from the list to make this statement true.
3. Select a letter from the list to make this statement true.
A. Linear model
B. Qualitative variable
C. Multivariate analysis of variance
D. Independent variable
E. Simple regression model
F. One-way Analysis of Variance
G. Dependent variable
H. Quantitative variable
9. A population data set produced the following information.
N=460, ∑x=3920, ∑y=2650, ∑xy=26,570, ∑x2=48,530
Find the population regression line. Round to three decimal places. Use the format as an example when submitting your equation 456.123 + 789.123x
10. The following information is obtained from a sample data set.
n=12, ∑x=66, ∑y=588, ∑xy=2244, ∑x2=396
Find the estimated regression line Use this format as an example when submitting your equation 123 – 45x
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.