PART I – Company Profile (150 words)
1. Prepare a brief description of Apple Inc and The Coca-Cola Company using the latest Annual Reports. The description should include: main areas of business activities, main products/services, and principal geographies.
PART II – Financial Performance (400 words)
2. Using the companies’ financial statements, carry out a full financial statement analysis using a variety of financial ratios, including liquidity measures (acid test ratio; cash ratio), long-term solvency measures (total debt ratio; interest coverage ratio), turnover measures (inventory turnover; asset turnover), and profitability measures (net profit margin; return on equity) in the analysis. Present the ratios in bar-charts depicting the change of the ratios over the past five years.
3. Comment on the performance of both companies over the past five years using your findings, outlining changes in the companies’ fortunes and change drivers.
PART III – Market Performance (450 words)
1. Using relevant literature, explain the importance of financial markets and the driving forces of share prices in the stock market.
2. Download the daily historical price data for Apple Inc., The Coca-Cola Company and the S&P500. The data should include 5 years of daily stock prices from 14th October 2015 until 13th October 2020.
3. Compute the average daily return, standard deviation, skewness and kurtosis for each share and the market.
4. Create a density plot of the daily returns. The returns distribution should range between -3.50% and +3.50%, and the bin width should be 0.5%.
5. Plot the average annual returns and standard deviations in the return-volatility space.
6. Using the plots and summary statistics, write a full comment on the risk-return profiles of Apple Inc, The Coca-Cola Company, and the market index.
Note: Format your answers to keep three digits after the decimal point.
PART IV – Portfolio of Shares (500 words)
Consider the following portfolio: Apple Inc; The Coca-Cola Company.
1. Compute the correlation matrix for Apple Inc, The Coca-Cola Company and the S&P500. Explain the importance of the correlation information.
2. Compute the portfolio return and variance with weights combinations varrying from 0% in Apple Inc – 100% in The Coca-Cola Company to 100% in Apple Inc – 0% in The Coca-Cola, increasing Apple Inc.’s weight by 10% each time.
3. Plot the returns and variances of the portfolio combinations.
4. Explain the efficient frontier and highlight it on the return-variance plot.
5. Using the Excel Solver, find the weights of the two assets for the minimum variance portfolio (MVP) and report the return and variance of the MVP. Add the MVP to the plot.
6. Explain the limits of diversification, referring to the types of risks and their sources, with examples. Support your argument with references to relevance literature.
Note: Format both axes numbers as percentages with two digits after the decimal point.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.