1. Citizen itself explores in a variety of ways how and why language is hurtful. Discuss one of the following passages and/or images in which the work explores the causes and effects of hurtful language: pp. 18-19; pp. 41-42; p. 59-62; pp. 74- 75, pp. 77-79. What kind of language causes pain in each instance? What kind of pain is felt as a result? Is the pain emotional? Physical? Both? How does the body react to hurtful language?
2. Discuss “Stop-and-Frisk” from 105-109 and describe why Rankine repeats the lines “And you are not the guy and you still fit the description because there is only one guy who is always the guy fitting the description”.
3. Look at the image on page 91. What is missing from the original image (you can find it here (Links to an external site.))? Why do you think Rankine changed the image for her book? What does she want the reader to focus on?
4. Analyze pages 134 and 135. Why are the pages next to each other? Who are the names listed on pages 134? What does the quote on page 135 mean?
5. What do you think of the book so far?
From “Policing the Police,”
1. How does the documentary relate to Citizen? How does policing relate to citizenship?
2. What do you think about the police union leader’s explanation about police use of force (at around 35 minutes)?
3. Why do you think Cobb wanted to look at the police force of Newark? Do you think any of the reforms or community interventions seem effective?
4. Why do you think the Department of Justice had different policies about police oversight under Obama and Trump?
5. What is your overall impression of the documentary?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.