Module/Week 4: Case Study 3 Milwaukee Brewers
Each Case Study assignment is designed to help the student make application of course content to a real world situation. Read the assigned case study and connect the key issues in the case to assigned readings and presentations. Respond to the questions with direct, thorough responses.
Each case study assignment should include the following:
· Title Page in APA format
· Introduction to the case summarizing the situation
· Questions converted to sub-headings – responses to each question
· Strong conclusion that summarizes the ideas
· APA Style Reference page (as needed)
Submit each Case Study by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of the assigned module/week, except for Case Study 7, which is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Friday of Module/Week 8.
Milwaukee Brewers Case Study
Some years ago, the Milwaukee Brewers’ (www.milwaukeebrewers.com) then-president Bud Selig made the decision that, in order to keep the Brewers in Milwaukee, the organization needed to construct a new stadium. Under the supervision of the new president, Wendy Selig-Prieb (Selig’s daughter), ground was broken for Miller Park on November 9, 1996. In 2000, President Selig-Prieb stated, “The Miller Park era is beginning soon, and with it a renewed vitality for major league baseball in Wisconsin. Accordingly, we are committed to bringing a championship to Wisconsin. Our fans will enjoy a world class ballpark, and also deserve a rewarding game experience.” Selig-Prieb believed that Miller Park would bring fortune to Milwaukee, the surrounding area, and the Brewers; the same is true for any organization that thinks it is necessary to build a multimillion dollar facility.
Countless Major league baseball teams all over the nation have considered, are considering, or are in the process of building new stadiums in order to keep players, the community, fans, and team executives happy. Most cities and teams turn to the idea of the new facility when they are facing a buyout, relocation considerations, player and fan dissatisfaction, and so on. Baseball club officials understand that the decision to construct a new facility can often reverse these negatives.
County Stadium, the former home of the Milwaukee Brewers, opened on April 6, 1953, and increased its seating capacity over the years to hold 53,192 fans. Miller Park, on the other hand, holds only 43,000 spectators but features a convertible, fan-shaped roof. Miller Park is a more elaborate establishment than the old County Stadium; it is the extra details found in new stadiums that executives of major league teams believe will help keep their organizations competitive from all angles.
Identify and explain the potential problems and opportunities that both the team and the city might have faced that could have led to the decision to construct a new facility.
1. Use the steps provided in Exhibit 6.1 to decide whether you would have tried to build a new stadium if you were in Selig-Prieb’s shoes.
2. Do you believe that facility construction is a rational decision for (1) team executives, (2) city officials, and (3) local citizens? Explain.
3. Should team executives, city officials, and local citizens all be able to participate in the decision-making process of building a new stadium? Explain the advantages and disadvantages of including all of these individuals.
4. When making decisions about building a new facility, what type of decision style(s) and problem attributes are most relevant and important? Explain.
5. Identify how Miller Park has helped or hindered the Brewers organization by finding statistics from attendance records at County Stadium in 1999 and comparing them to current records at Miller Park. With what you have learned, and with any additional information you have found, justify whether or not the decision to build the stadium was a positive move for the team.
6. Go online to locate another organization that has recently built or is currently considering building a new facility. Use that organization’s website to try to identify what led to that decision. Include any information regarding the funding options associated with facility construction. Suggest some possible alternatives to facility construction, if appropriate.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.