061696RR – CORPORATIONS
1. The Amanda Corporation Stockholders’ Equity section includes the following information:
Preferred Stock $12,000
Paid-in Capital in Excess of Par—Preferred 2,700
Common Stock 15,000
Paid-in Capital in Excess of Par—Common 4,100
Retained Earnings 8,200
What was the total selling price of the preferred stock?
2. Rick Company has declared a $40,000 cash dividend to shareholders. The company has 5,000 shares of $20 par, 6% preferred stock, and 10,000 shares of $15 par common stock. The preferred stock is cumulative. How much will be distributed to the preferred and common stockholders on the date of payment if the preferred stock is $12,000 in arrears?
A. $40,000 preferred; $0 common
B. $6,000 preferred; $34,000 common
C. $18,000 preferred; $22,000 common
D. $20,000 preferred; $20,000 common
3. For vertical analysis purposes, the base item on the income statement is
A. total expenses.
B. gross profit.
C. net sales.
D. net income.
4. Accounts receivable amounted to $215,000 at the beginning of the year and $245,000 at the end of the year. Income reported on the income statement for the year was $300,000. The cash flow from operating activities on the cash flow statement using the indirect method is
5. Patty’s Baker has cost of goods sold for the years 2011, 2010, and 2009, respectively, of $28,600,
$26,900, and $25,600. If 2009 is the base year, the trend percentage for 2011 is
6. Casey Company has a $2,400 credit balance in Paid-In Capital—Treasury Stock. It sells 500 shares of treasury stock that the company reacquired at $21/share, for $18/share. After the transaction, what will the balance be in the Paid-In Capital in Excess of Par—Treasury account?
A. $1,500 debit
B. $900 credit
C. $900 debit
D. $3,900 credit
7. If Rick’s net sales increased from $40,000 to $80,000 and its operating expenses increased from $30,000 to $50,000, then vertical analysis based on net sales would show which of the following for operating expenses for the two periods (to the nearest tenth of a percent)?
A. 62.5% and 75.0%
B. 160.0% and 133.3%
C. 75.0% and 62.5%
D. 133.3% and 160.0%
8. What is the rate of return on equity if net income is $22,700; preferred dividends are $3,000; sales are
$100,000; and average common stockholders’ equity is $86,000?
9. Birch issued 200 shares of $12 par common stock in exchange for a piece of equipment with a current market value of $3,000. Which of the following is not part of the journal entry for this transaction?
A. Debiting equipment for $3,000
B. Crediting common stock for $3,000
C. Crediting paid-in capital in excess of par common for $600
D. Crediting common stock for $2,400
10. Earnings that a stockholder receives from a corporation are an example of which stockholder right?
11. Operating expenses—other than depreciation—for the year were $335,000. Prepaid expenses decreased by $7,000. Cash payments for operating expenses to be reported on the cash flow statement using the direct method would be
12. Birch issued 200 shares of $12 par common stock in exchange for a piece of equipment with a current market value of $3,000. Which of the following is not part of the journal entry for this transaction?
A. Crediting Paid-in Capital in Excess of Par—Common for $600
B. Crediting Common Stock for $2,400
C. Crediting Common Stock for $3,000
D. Debiting Equipment for $3,000
13. The accuracy of the statement of cash flows can be verified by computing the change in the balance of the
A. revenue accounts.
B. cash and cash equivalent accounts.
C. equity account.
D. asset and liability accounts.
14. Cost of goods sold for the year was $850,000. Inventory was $60,000 at the beginning of the year and $90,000 at the end of the year. There were no changes in the amount in accounts payable for the year.
Cash payment for merchandise to be reported under the direct method is
15. A company has $56,000 in cash; $12,000 in accounts receivable; $25,000 in short-term investments; and $100,000 in merchandise inventory. The company also has $60,000 in current liabilities. The company’s quick ratio is
16. What is Jane’s rate of return on total assets if average total assets are $100,000; net income is $2,000; interest expense if $1,600; and income tax is $2,000?
17. Rick Company has declared a $40,000 cash dividend to shareholders. The company has 5,000 shares of $20 par, 6% preferred stock, and 10,000 shares of $15 par common stock. The preferred stock is noncumulative. How much will be distributed to the preferred and common stockholders on the date of payment?
A. $6,000 preferred; $34,000 common
B. $40,000 preferred; $0 common
C. $34,000 preferred; $6,000 common
D. $0 preferred; $40,000 common
18. The Isaiah Corporation Stockholders’ Equity section includes the following information:
Preferred Stock $22,000
Paid-in Capital in Excess of Par—Preferred 2,980
Common Stock 48,000
Paid-in Capital in Excess of Par—Common 3,400
Retained Earnings 7,350
Total par value of the preferred and common stock is
19. Casey Company has an accounts receivable turnover of 36 days, an inventory turnover of 77 days, and an accounts payable turnover of 40 days. Casey’s cash conversion cycle is _______ day(s).
20. Casey Company reported net income of $35,000; depreciation expenses of $20,000; an increase in accounts payable of $2,000; and an increase in current notes receivable of $3,000. Net cash flows from operating activities under the indirect method is
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.